AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events and our impact development branch that amongst other things organises the Brightminds track.
- – You are in charge of launching the new Bright Minds Program in the academic year 2019-2020, by organising activities for the think tank
- – You are in charge of organizing the Bright Minds Program in the academic year 2019-2020. This includes looking for and contacting interesting speakers, companies to visit, etc. In general, organising activities for the think tank.
- – You, together with your team members, look for ways to encourage students to let go of the stereotypical thinking pattern and to stimulate more active (social) entrepreneurship.
- – You, together with the other organizers involved, carry out every aspect of the organisation of the CleanTech Challenge Belgium
- – You are responsible for the fundraising of the CleanTech Challenge Belgium in the upcoming year and for maintaining good contact with the CleanTech Challenge organizing team in London – You meet up with the different partners, experts and candidates of the two operations on a regular basis and work in close liaison with those contacts
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation
- – You are a bachelor or master student at KU Leuven or UCLouvain with a strong interest for the social entrepreneurship movement and hybrid businesses
- – You are interested in technology (greentech, cleantech, envirotech) and innovation
- – You have good organizing, communication and networking skills
- – You like to engage the young generation of students to reflect on matters of development cooperation and alternative business models
- – You can energize, mobilize and inspire people to get out of their comfort zone and catalyse a positive change in today’s society
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2019
- – Willingness to dedicate a substantial part of your time to AFD next to your studies
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems and challenges next to your studies
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal growth
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers
- – Be part of a fun, open and international student community and make friends for life!
Any questions about the positions?
Get in touch!
AFD is looking for a new president and vice-president for the academic year 2019-2020.
Deadline: Saturday, March 9th, 23h59.
Are you ready to step out of your comfort zone and become part of our AFD success story? Then we would be thrilled to receive your application! Here’s what the application procedure looks like:
- First of all, you should send your CV and motivation letter (A4) in English to email@example.com with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’ before the application deadline.
- Consequently, we will invite you to join us for an informal interview. In this interview, we will look for competences, experience and – most importantly – for motivation.
- Finally you will find out if you were selected to become a new board member for the academic year 2019-2020.
More info on the open positions:
The difference between being a board or entourage member is that as a board member you have the final responsibility, you are the point of contact and you maintain the communication between your team and the Governing Board (the national board in Belgium). Every team will consist of one board member and one or more entourage members, depending on the function you’re applying for.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’. It is also possible to apply in duo if this adds value for the students. The application deadline is the 9th of March. We hope to hear from you soon.