AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events and our impact development branch that amongst other things organises the Brightminds track.
- – You are responsible for the overall guidance of the social entrepreneurship projects
- – You monitor the project progress and handle any issues that arise
- – You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization, timeline and communicate project status to all participants
- – You work closely together with other board functions and assign tasks to internal teams
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation
- – You are the bridge between:
1. The project partner
- – You communicate on a regular base with project partners
- – You make sure that the project partners’ needs are met as the projects evolve
2. The coaches
- – You recruit coaches who have project experience
- – You communicate regularly with the coaches to follow up the team dynamics and project evolvement
- The project students
- – You recruit project students
- – You organize relevant workshops (project management skills, pitching, …) in order to boost the project content
- – You support the project students in any possible way: finding funding, receiving ECTS credits and preparing for their project implementation on location
- – You primarily ensure that the project students have the support structure they need to perform their tasks to the best of their abilities
- – You are a bachelor or master student at KU Leuven or UCLouvain
- – You have (preferably) experience with one or more projects in the global South
- – You are a process-oriented and result-driven person that can handle a wide range of responsibilities with ease
- – You are a communicative person who is interested in team management
- – You have solid organizational and time-management skills
- – You have a proactive mindset
- – You have a heart for development cooperation
- – You can properly analyse what the current ‘Project Coordination’ way of working is missing and act accordingly to improve on this
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2019
- – Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD next to your studies
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers
- – Be part of an open and international student community and make friends for life!
Any questions about the positions?
Get in touch!
AFD is looking for a new president and vice-president for the academic year 2019-2020.
Deadline: Saturday, March 9th, 23h59.
Are you ready to step out of your comfort zone and become part of our AFD success story? Then we would be thrilled to receive your application! Here’s what the application procedure looks like:
- First of all, you should send your CV and motivation letter (A4) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’ before the application deadline.
- Consequently, we will invite you to join us for an informal interview. In this interview, we will look for competences, experience and – most importantly – for motivation.
- Finally you will find out if you were selected to become a new board member for the academic year 2019-2020.
More info on the open positions:
Send your CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’. It is also possible to apply in duo if this adds value for the students. The application deadline is the 9th of March. We hope to hear from you soon.