As the Event Organizer of AFD, you will be responsible for (you guessed it) organizing the events. These events should include an aspect of social entrepreneurship, but you can be as creative with them as you like. It is important that you can plan ahead, as events often take two to three months to organize. Tasks include: finding an interesting subject, searching for and contacting possible speakers at your event, finding a location, working together with Marketing & Communication to promote the event, making sure on the day of the event everything goes the way as planned, leading the events (optional) etc.
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year
- – Ability to attend one weekly board meeting
- – Ability to dedicate 10-15 hours per week to AFD
- – You organise events about social entrepreneurship and sustainability in order to reach the broader student community. An event can for example be a lecture with (an) interesting speaker(s), a debate, an event in partnership with interesting companies, social entrepreneurs, …
- – You keep in touch with speakers/partners in preparation to your event and provide them with all necessary information.
- – You make sure you timely book appropriate auditoria or other locations
- – You provide some drinks and snacks for the receptions after events or in case of the ICD you will look for possible catering options as well.
- – You should make a detailed action plan (who does what, where and when)
- – You are a bachelor or master student
- – You are a polite and spontaneous person, willing to engage with new partners
- – You posses organisation skills, time management and a sense of entrepeneurship
- – You can adapt quickly and come up with a short-term action plan in case something goes wrong
- – You work rather precisely and are a good planner
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers
- – Be part of an open and international student community
Interested? Got any questions about the function?
GET IN TOUCH