The goal of Academics for Development is to offer students the possibility to have social impact in a durable and meaningful way, by offering them the opportunity to contribute to real life issues in developing and developed countries. AFD organises projects in which a multidisciplinary team of students work together throughout an academic year with a partner organisation on an issue that the partner has put forward. AFD also aims to achieve its goals by organising events for students, and to bring topics related to social impact closer to the broader student society, to inspire them and to enhance the capability of students to have social impact.
- You are responsible for guiding and assisting a team of students with diverse academic profiles.
- You ensure a smooth start of the project by discussing with the project partner how the students can best be introduced to the subject matter.
- You have a lot of freedom to pursue team building activities and workshops, to establish a positive and inspiring atmosphere in the team.
- You critically follow the team’s performance, provide feedback and try to guarantee a high standard of output.
- You will be part of a team of coaches that will meet up regularly and have the continuous support of the project coordinator and other HR professionals.
- You are a student or have recently graduated and live near Antwerp.
- You have experience in the Global South or with development related issues.
- You are a problem solver and a real team player who enjoys motivating a team throughout the year.
- You are in the possession of an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take on an initiative to help the team forward.
- Ability to commit to this position for one academic year
- Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD additional to your studies or work
- Gain hands-on experience and tackle practical problems
- Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development
- Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers
- Be part of an open and international student community
We will present the projects to you at the end of September or the beginning of October. Do not hesitate to contact the Project Coordination team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Coach 2021-2022.’ The deadline for your application is the 29th of September. Interviews will take place in the week of October 4.