Great minds think alike, Brightminds think further
“How can we make the world a better place?”
We, students, are a vibrant source of creativity and ideas. However, it often seems like a huge and difficult step to turn these ideas into reality. Together with AFD, we set up the Brightminds program to inspire and activate fellow students. In our view, combining different knowledge areas from different disciplines and mindsets is the base for today and tomorrow.
In 3 tracks, the Brightminds program challenges students to reflect critically on problems of today’s society. Each track includes 3 interactive workshops and 1 hands-on activity. The workshops are given by interesting partners and speakers from both the academic world and work field.
FULL PROGRAM OR INDIVIDUAL TRACK?
FULL PROGRAM: KU LEUVEN CERTIFICATE
Students who will follow all 3 tracks, receive a KU Leuven diploma to add to their CV. That is if they have been sufficiently present during the workshops (at least 70% of all workshops + following every closing hands-on workshop). To make it possible for students to get the KU Leuven diploma, priority will go to those who want to follow the whole program when the application for the 2nd and 3rd track opens.
INDIVIDUAL TRACK: AFD CERTIFICATE
For following a single track, you get an AFD certificate. Being present at at least 3 of the 4 workshops, including the closing hands-on workshop as well.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You will learn about the topics in a more fun and interactive way, with direct contact to successful entrepreneurs who will give you a new perspective on our society.
- Our Brightminds students have the possibility to share their CV with us, which we will then distribute in AFD’s rich network of social entrepreneurs and companies.
- You will meet a lot of experts and innovative companies, as well as like-minded students who are equally ambitious to make the world a better place/to make change.
- As a participant, you will receive a certificate and you can officially call yourself a BRIGHTMIND.
- Who knows, maybe you meet your future partner in crime to start your own social business or your future employer. In any case, you will develop and nurture skills that are becoming more and more important in today’s world.
IS THIS SOMETHING FOR YOU?
Our goal is to reach ambitious and motivated students who want to learn more about social businesses and want to have a positive impact on society. What we ask from students is their presence, the courage to think critically during the workshops and actively participate, as well as to be polite towards our speakers, i.e. being on time and listening attentively. The program is perfectly compatible with your studies. Students do not have to prepare anything, and it will only take around 2 hours per workshop.