AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events, our Brightminds track and the CleanTech Challenge.
- – You are in charge of launching the new BrightMinds Program in the academic year 2024-2025, by organizing activities for the think tank.
- – You are in charge of organizing the Bright Minds Program in the academic year 2024-2025. This includes looking for and contacting interesting speakers, companies to visit, etc. In general, organizing activities for the think tank.
- – You, together with your team members, look for ways to encourage students to let go of the stereotypical thinking pattern and to stimulate more active (social) entrepreneurship.
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation.
- – You are a bachelor or master student at KU Leuven or UCLL with a strong interest for the social entrepreneurship movement and hybrid businesses.
- – You are interested in technology (greentech, cleantech, envirotech) and innovation.
- – You have good organizing, communication and networking skills.
- – You like to engage the young generation of students to reflect on matters of development cooperation and alternative business models.
- – You can energize, mobilize and inspire people to get out of their comfort zone and catalyse a positive change in today’s society.
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2024.
- – Willingness to dedicate a substantial part of your time to AFD next to your studies.
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems and challenges next to your studies.
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal growth.
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers.
- – Be part of a fun, open and international student community and make friends for life!
Send your CV and motivation letter (A4) to email@example.com with the subject ‘Board 2024-2025’. Don’t forget to mention if you would like to apply for board or entourage!
The difference between being a board or entourage member is that as a board member you have the final responsibility, you are the point of contact and you maintain the communication between your team and the Governing Board (the national board in Belgium). Every team will consist of one board member and one or more entourage members, depending on the function you’re applying for.