AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events, our Brightminds track and the CleanTech Challenge.
- – You are responsible for all legal matters of the organisation. This includes drafting and evaluating contracts, Partnership Agreements, official documents like the Internal Regulations of the organization and Articles of Association, etc.
- – You are responsible to lay down the mandates and Articles of Association at the Registry of the competent Commercial Court in the beginning of the academic year, formulate the Declarations of Commitment, deal with insurances and give legal advice in general.
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation.
- – You are a bachelor or master student in Law at KU Leuven or UCLL.
- – You are naturally curious and have an interest in development cooperation and social entrepreneurship.
- – You are able to motivate people and to manage a team in a professional setting.
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2024.
- – Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD next to your studies.
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies.
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development.
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers.
- – Be part of an open and international student community and make friends for life!
Send your CV and motivation letter (A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Board 2024-2025’. Don’t forget to mention if you would like to apply for board or entourage!
The difference between being a board or entourage member is that as a board member you have the final responsibility, you are the point of contact and you maintain the communication between your team and the Governing Board (the national board in Belgium). Every team will consist of one board member and one or more entourage members, depending on the function you’re applying for.