AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events, our Brightminds track and the CleanTech Challenge.
- – You are responsible for spreading the word of AFD to the outside world.
- – You will create the designs that AFD will use for their communication.
- – You and your team are responsible to keep the outside world up to date on AFD and its activities via newsletters a newsletter during the year every one or two months.
- – You keep the social media up to date about the AFD events and the AFD project students (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- – You keep the website up to date about the AFD events and the AFD project students.
- – You will support the communication to the participants of our events such as Impact Case Day.
- – You will look for opportunities to present AFD in the press.
- – You support the other board members in their communication to students, partners and faculties.
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation.
- – You are a bachelor or master student at KU Leuven or UCLL.
- – You have a creative mindset.
- – You are able to make designs or you have the willingness to learn how to design.
- – You have an excellent knowledge of English.
- – You are able to work organized and precisely.
- – You believe in AFD’s vision and mission and you cannot wait to tell the rest of the world about it.
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2024.
- – Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD next to your studies.
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies.
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development.
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers.
- – Be part of an open and international student community.
Send your CV and motivation letter (A4) to email@example.com with the subject ‘Board 2024-2025’. Don’t forget to mention if you would like to apply for board or entourage!
The difference between being a board or entourage member is that as a board member you have the final responsibility, you are the point of contact and you maintain the communication between your team and the Governing Board (the national board in Belgium). This team will consist of two board members, one that has the final responsibility for the marketing activities and one that has the final responsibility for the communication activities, and three entourage members.