AFD president and vice-president for the academic year 2024-2025.
AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events, our Brightminds track and the CleanTech Challenge.
Academics for Development Leuven is led and represented by a presidential duo. The president and vice-president operate as a strong and dynamic team that is committed to bringing the everyday functioning and activities of the organization to a higher level by supporting and motivating the team through a proactive form of leadership. Additionally, tasks that are being executed by the president and vice president vary from developing and implementing a strong and innovative strategy to being the point of contact of external partners and organizations.
The main difference between the P and VP mostly lies within the greater visibility of the president towards the outside world. However, the task package of the president and vice president is quite similar. Nevertheless, it is possible that you, as the next president/vice president, decide to divide some tasks or focal points depending on your own talents and interests.
- – You are the head of the board and entourage of the teams and you are therefore responsible for their well-functioning, which include leading the weekly board meetings and regularly attending team meetings to support and evaluate their progress.
- – You are responsible to keep good contact with the different faculties of KU Leuven, and are the bridge between the faculties and the students.
- – You are the external face of the organization and meet with partner organizations and business partners.
- – You update members of the General Assembly monthly, and actively participate in the General Assembly meetings.
- – You are responsible to keep good contacts, look for new synergies and further stimulate cooperation with other AFD branches.
- – You take actively part of all recruiting activities, and are part of the selection panel.
- – You take the initiative to further strengthen interfaculty cooperation.
- – You are a bachelor or master student with strong leadership abilities from the KU Leuven or UCLL.
- – You have a healthy interest in development cooperation and social entrepreneurship.
- – You have a creative, proactive and positive mindset.
- – You are a process-oriented and result-driven person that can handle a wide range of responsibilities with ease.
- – You live, breathe and think AFD.
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year.
- – Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD next to your studies.
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies.
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development.
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers.
- – Be part of an open and international student community.
Send your CV and motivation letter (A4) to email@example.com with the subject ‘President 2024-2025’ or ‘Vice-President 2024-2025’ before the application deadline on March 10th , 23h59.