ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The Rockland school in Tanzania is currently being funded through fundraising by Malaika. The idea of the project is to come up with a profitable activity in order to make the Rockland school in Tanzania financially independent. Build a business plan and a handbook to help implement the profitable activity on site during the summer.
– Prepare a business plan to make the school financial independent
– Develop a tool (e.g., manual) for the partner organisation to implement the profit-making activity
– (bonus would be to involve the children of the school in the profit making activity: incorporate in a school activity, educational aspect)
– Develop an accounting system
– Organise workshops to “teach” the school’s employers how to manage their money
– Assist the partner organisation in implementing the profit-making activity
– Conduct workshops to raise awareness of the importance of income management
– Students: economists, engineer, social science – not really important what they study
Come up with the idea to make the school financially independent. Build a business plan and a handbook for the implementation phase.
PREPARATION PHASE: OCTOBER – JULY
IMPLEMENTATION PHASE: 6-8 WEEKS IN JULY AND AUGUST
Where: TANZANIA, NGARAMTONI
Applications Deadline: 14th of October 2022
About the project partner
The mission of Malaika Tanzania is to try and ensure a better future for underprivileged children in Tanzania, more specifically Ngaramtoni, by supporting them throughout their school career. Currently Malaika Tanzania focuses on a private school namely Rockland pre- & primary school. At the moment, the core activity of Malaika Tanzania is fundraising for school construction and supporting children from the Rockland school individually (financial). In the future, we want Rockland to be financially independent. Therefore we are working on finding a solution that makes it possible for Rockland to generate its own income.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for 4-5 excellent and highly motivated students, with knowledge of English. Cultural flexibility and respect for other cultures are a must. Students of all academic backgrounds are allowed to apply. However, for this project we are especially looking for students with backgrounds or special interest in:
Economy / Business
If this sounds like the challenge you need in your life, not only to make the world just a little better but also to gain an incredible amount of experience in the process, do not hesitate to apply.
To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject ‘Project student 2022-2023’ with your CV and a short motivational letter attached.