AFD was founded with the aim to unlock the full potential of students through social impact and to have social impact through the full potential of students. We achieve this by placing Social Entrepreneurship at the core of our organisation along with its values. Every year we send out a number of highly motivated students to set up socially meaningful, durable and impactful projects and businesses. In symbiosis with this we have the ambition to familiarise and embed the social entrepreneurial way of thinking in the entire student-ecosystem. We do this through our events and our impact development branch that amongst other things organises the Brightminds track.
- – You organise events about social entrepreneurship and sustainability in order to reach the broader student community. An event can for example be a lecture with (an) interesting speaker(s), a debate, an event in partnership with interesting companies, social entrepreneurs, …
- – You keep in touch with speakers/partners in preparation to your event and provide them with all necessary information.
- – You make sure you timely book appropriate auditoria or other locations
- – You provide some drinks and snacks for the receptions after events or in case of the ICD you will look for possible catering options as well.
- – You should make a detailed action plan (who does what, where and when)
- – You attend the weekly board meetings and show a general commitment to the organisation.
- – You are a bachelor or master student at KU Leuven or UCLouvain
- – You don’t need a lot of experience. Some common sense, organisation skills, time management and a sense for entrepreneurship will do
- – You are a polite and spontaneous person, willing to engage with new partners
- – You can come up with a short-term action plan in case a something goes wrong (for example, a speaker cancels)
- – You work rather precisely and are a good planner
- – Ability to commit to this position for one academic year, starting from April 2019
- – Ability to dedicate part of your time to AFD next to your studies
- – Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems next to your studies
- – Obtain valuable life skills and boost your personal development
- – Exchange insights with like-minded and impactful peers
- – Be part of an open and international student community
Any questions about the positions?
Get in touch!
AFD is looking for a new president and vice-president for the academic year 2019-2020.
Deadline: Saturday, March 9th, 23h59.
Are you ready to step out of your comfort zone and become part of our AFD success story? Then we would be thrilled to receive your application! Here’s what the application procedure looks like:
- First of all, you should send your CV and motivation letter (A4) in English to email@example.com with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’ before the application deadline.
- Consequently, we will invite you to join us for an informal interview. In this interview, we will look for competences, experience and – most importantly – for motivation.
- Finally you will find out if you were selected to become a new board member for the academic year 2019-2020.
More info on the open positions:
The difference between being a board or entourage member is that as a board member you have the final responsibility, you are the point of contact and you maintain the communication between your team and the Governing Board (the national board in Belgium). Every team will consist of one board member and one or more entourage members, depending on the function you’re applying for.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘President & Vice-President 2019-2020’. It is also possible to apply in duo if this adds value for the students. The application deadline is the 9th of March. We hope to hear from you soon.